Updated Order Forms
Updated Order Forms
December 23, 2014
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management (OFMEM) has recently updated three forms: Inspection Order, Order to Close, and Order to Pay Costs.
Revisions to the forms included reorganizing the appeal information to clarify the stages of appeal available and providing new contact information for both the OFMEM and the Fire Safety Commission for persons submitting appeals.
Additional changes to the Inspection Order form include the following:
On the first page,
- the reference “See Appendix A” was added in the section for describing the reasons for the order, and the reference “See Appendix B” was added in the section for describing the work ordered;
- a paragraph was added to state that the work prescribed in the order is deemed not to contravene the Building Code; and
- in the section relating to how the order is being served, a new checkbox was added for instances when a copy of the order is to be provided to the Chief Building Official when the order requires repairs, alterations or installations.
In Appendix B,
- a note was added to remind owners to comply with other Fire Code requirements and applicable laws; and
- a note was also added to remind owners that, when an order requires construction or demolition, they should consult the building department to determine if a building permit is required before commencing work.
Please begin using the revised forms (dated December 2014) immediately. PDF versions of the three forms are attached for your convenience. The Microsoft Word versions of the forms can be found on the Ontario Fire College Educational Materials Web site.
- When prompted, enter “ofc” as the username and “preclass” as the password;
- On the home page, select “Preclass Packages” from the menu on the left. To access the three revised forms, select “Forms” from the list of folders that will appear.
Fire departments using their own customized forms should make appropriate revisions to reflect changes described above.
Enquiries regarding the revised forms should be directed to Nancy Macdonald-Duncan, Community Safety Enhancements Unit, OFMEM, who can be reached by telephone at (705) 725-8750, or by e-mail at Nancy.Macdonald-Duncan@ontario.ca.
Please follow instructions above, to obtain the PDF or Word versions of the three revised forms.