Ministry of the
Solicitor General

FAQ Inspections


Whom do I contact for fire safety inspections?

The local fire department should be called regarding any inspections that need to be performed. Remember to call the non-emergency number when requesting an inspection or fire safety information.

I have a basement apartment. Whom do I contact for an inspection?

The inspection of apartments (basement, high-rise or low-rise) falls under the jurisdiction of the local fire department. You should call your local fire department to request an inspection.